Find out about our location and transport details to make getting to school safe and easy.
Traffic and Pedestrian Safety at Armidale Secondary College
Student entry to the campus
Gates for pedestrian access are situated in Butler Street, near:
- DEN - from buses or walking from town;
- Administration Block - entering via Gate 1 or walking from South Hill.
Student drop-off and pick-up
- drivers may stop in this zone to drop-off or pick-up passengers for a maximum of 2 minutes;
- the driver MUST remain in or within three (3) meters of the vehicle at all times;
- the vehicle must not be left unattended;
- PENALTY: $194 / 2 demerit points.
Students driving to school
Subsidised school travel
Transport for NSW provides subsidies to assist school students.
- The School Student Transport Scheme provides eligible students with free or subsidised travel on public transport between home and school.
- The School Drive Subsidy may help towards the costs of driving children to school if you live in an area where there is no public transport.
School Bus Services to ASC-Butler Street
School buses will drop off and pick up students at the bus zone on the western side of Butler Street between Mossman Street and Lambs Avenue.
The 2021 bus schedule lists services to ASC's Butler Street campus from within Armidale and outside of town.
Contact: 6772 3166 or email@example.com for further information.
Provide out-of-town services from Guyra and surrounding areas:
Guyra 1: 8:30am and 3:50pm. Servicing Llangothlin, Guyra and Black Mountain Area.
Guyra 2: 8:30am and 3:35pm. Servicing Tenterden, Guyra and Hoys Rd Area.
Getting to and from school safely
As a parent or carer, it’s your responsibility to get your child to and from school safely. Student safety is our priority.
Keep our school community safe by:
- driving and parking safely, even if it means parking further away and walking the rest of the way to school
- being a good role model
- never calling your child from across the road
- using the safest place to cross the road.
For independent travellers
Talk safe travel with your high-school-aged child including: