Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) is a school-wide approach to teaching expected behaviours. Positive behaviour at Armidale Secondary College (ASC) is acknowledged and rewarded.
Armidale Secondary College has a PBL action team with cross-faculty, parent and student representation. This team sets goals and develops strategies for positive interactions that are appropriate for our school. Armidale Secondary College core expectations are:
For more information on the expectations, download the PBL expectations matrix guide (PDF 243.9KB).
PBL at Armidale Secondary College
As a student at Armidale Secondary College I will follow the core expectations of:
- Using appropriate language and tone of voice
- Following reasonable instructions
- Being inclusive
- Celebrating success and being a proud ambassador for my school.
- Being organised, prepared and punctual for all activities.
- Showing pride in my environment
- Looking after myself and others
- Working safely.
- Knowing how to seek assistance
- Having a positive attitude towards yourself, school and others
- Aiming for my personal best.
Recognising positive behaviour
Positive behaviour is recognised in a number of ways:
- A raffle each week is drawn for all students who enter their 'wings'.
- Wings are regularly given to students who are demonstaring appropriate behaviours.
- Commendations are given to students who go 'above and beyond'.
The wings and commendations are the basis of Armidale Secondary College's merit system which includes bronze, silver and gold levels.
For more information, download the PBL rewards system guide (PDF 459.5KB).