The HSC Learning Hub is an innovative learning space specially developed for our Year 12 students. It offers the following features:
- connected to allowing for provision of master classes with external experts
- provides students with choice in where and how they learn
- adaptable to accommodate different learning modes and technology
- provides optimum learning conditions with reverse cycle air conditioning and comfortable seating
- supports opportunities for students to learn independently and in small and large groups
- facilitates collaborative learning and teaching for students and teachers
The flexible learning space is designed to support the move from traditional teacher-focused instruction to active competencey-based, student-centered ways of working. The HSC Learning Hub accommodates the socially orientated, participatory and independent learning approaches required of the 21st century student.
The HSC Hub co-ordinator, Mrs Lee-anne Vaughan, has reported a consistent increase in student numbers using the HSC Hub since the start of the school year. Students are able to work individually or with peers to enhance educational outcomes. Mrs Vaughan notes that the space allows students to access individual support, but also encourages students to work co-operatively in small groups without distraction.
"It's a quiet learning space away from other stuents. We are able to access support to help navigate the HSC. It provides us with access to resources such as tutoring and technology" Vaishnavi Pradeep (Year 12, 2019).
" The HSC Learning Hub is a comfortable working environment that nurtures our full potential to achieve. The tutoring that is available for everyone creates an inclusive learning experience for all students that may not otherwise be accessible for all" Claire Wood (Year 12, 2019).